Wednesday, January 16, 2008

New Year - New sights

Wow! Over the past month and a half I have been looking at the blog but doing nothing about it. It is time to get serious and this is the year! Part of it has been laziness and the other part finding the time, but like I tell my honey bunny, you have to make the time. I should live by that same thought.

Well, December came and went with no updates so here we are mid-way through January and I am starting again. In December, my wife, daughter and I went back to Cody, Wyoming to visit my folks for the Christmas holiday. Good times, with a 3-4 inches of light powdery snow on Christmas eve and plenty of Mule deer coming into the yard for a little extra feed. Yes, my dad gives them a little bit of cracked corn to munch on, but not a whole lot and I don't think you could really say that it enhances their diet to much. Anyway, they get around 10-14 deer almost everyday and I have included a shot of one of the bucks that was around.

When not playing games with family or sitting around having a beer and talking I did get a chance to drive up the North Fork (Main Hwy) towards the East gate of Yellowstone Park. I will get you a shot or two of some Big Horn sheep that were hanging out near the road along some drainage's. Pretty nice to just sit there and watch them graze, had a few feisty males ramming their horns with each other. Makes you appreciate the animals in this world and being away from larger communities, cars and way to many people!

Well, this is just a start. I am going to work on some of the animal photos and check some of the local places in Salem to start getting some showing's on the walls of their businesses. I will post out when I have some out and about in the community.

So long for now, and thanks for stopping in! I promise to be more jazzed about getting stuff out and since I would like this to be my job someday maybe I should "make the time."

Bye, tim

No comments: