Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Going into Fall

This past Sunday (9/25) was spent wondering if the rain might stop so I could ride a bicycle for a few hours...It didn't until later in the day after my desire had went away.

So I ended up going out around 11 AM for a few hours in the car to some areas in Polk county where I may capture some animals with the camera. I usually go out to Basket Slough NWR area and the surrounding lands to the North of there as there are some Elk that I know of and have seen but not close enough to get shots.

Today I did happen upon an Egret and some Black Tail deer and have provided a shot of one of the does in a small group that was in a field near where I parked. This one I would say is probably between 1-2 years based on it's size from the obvious older ones and one that looked like it was probably born this past spring. Anyway, they were kind of enough to let me get some shots and just sit and watch them which was a great way to pass a little time! The Egret did't pose itself very well with me looking through some tall grass in a little drainage on the North side of the NWR. I may post it in another posting.

Enjoy and thanks for stopping in. Tim -

No comments: