Thursday, March 13, 2008

It's been a couple of weeks

Noticed that the time was going by out in the real world. It is almost mid-March and I have not posted anything for almost two weeks. Did you miss it? Anyone?

Well, slowly getting taxes done and some photo work also. I am finally getting some photos to my regional bicycle commute coordinator (Eric L.) from a 'Breakfast On Bikes' that he put together on the last day of February. I will get a shot of that out on the next one, I promise! He is really working on promoting Bike Commuting and I couldn't agree more, at least to find alternatives to the SOV (Single Occupancy Vehicle).

I have been getting some miles in on the bicycles and on 3/9/08 took an all day class for motorcycle safety and passed my skills test. That waives having to take the skills test at the state DMV offices so now I have to study and take the written knowledge test, hopefully pass and I will be street legal with my motorcycle endorsement. I recently purchased a 2006 Ducati Multistrada 620 as a running errands, commute ride. Yes I still ride the bicycles in 3x/week but wanted to have another alternative. I can also use it to get to some photo locations and not burn as much fuel. Will get a shot of that another time also.

Will be working on photos this weekend and trying to update smugmug and looking at a revamp of my regular site. Included this time is a shot I took back in Aug. 2003 of smoke rising from the B&B Complex fire in the Cascade foothills of Oregon. I was sitting on Highway 20/22 after traveling East from Bend, Oregon using the Old McKenzie Pass road as the main highway was closed from this rather large fire. I happened to catch the spotter plane as it was probably doing boundary checks and aerial mapping of the fire for ground updates.

Tim -

No comments: