Sunday, April 13, 2008

Kings Valley and Experimentation

Went out to take some shots at the Kings Valley Road Race this past Saturday April 12th. Absolute beautiful day, a few high clouds and the sun beaming down with temps in the upper 50's for a 10 AM start time.

Had driven the course a week prior so was trying to get some locations to catch the packs, using mostly climbs and one section of flat and then to the finish.

Not my best day behind the lens as I was messing with the 'burst' mode on the camera and doing some messing with E/V values which allows me to over/under expose the shots. This is going to cost me a little more time in the post production which is not something I enjoy all that much. It is so much nicer to get the shot in the moment instead of trying to come back to it a day or two later. I was also using my other Pentax digital SLR with a 12-24 wide angle lens and it works great when things are sitting still, but when folks are churning the gears out....well, not always the best, but it was fun to use and shoot at some pretty high speed.

Included is a the shot of south end of the women's peloton heading north through Kings Valley! I will have the rest of the days shots posted to my 'smugmug' area by mid-week. Will be posting approximately 150 of the various categories.

Thanks for reading! Tim -

No comments: