Sunday, March 28, 2010

January - Blind Boys of Alabama

Back in January the family and I took in an evening at Willamette University which was sponsoring a musical show featuring "The Blind Boys of Alabama". I have been listening to them for several years after being introduced to their music via my LMT.

My Honey had gotten me a ticket for the show for Christmas and she had two freebies to get her and our daughter in. If you haven't ever listened to them, I would suggest that you give them a try! They are a mix of gospel, New Orleans blues, a little bit of jazz mixed in there and will cover some classics in their own wonderful way.

It was a great night to see them and feel particularly proud as that stop was their only one in the State of Oregon this time around. I put in a photo as we were allowed to shoot during their first three songs, but no flash. I used my little P/S Panasonic with no flash, it does have anti-shake built in but also shooting from a dark area to light presents it's own problems. Anyway, enjoy and go listen to some of their music!

Tim

No comments: