Monday, May 31, 2010

Big Horn - Ewes

I seem to be stuck on animals or big landscape type shots but tend to lead toward animals. I keep a camera in my living room so when birds are at the feeders I have, I can snap off a few shots. I haven't posted many of my backyard moochers which are mostly finches, sparrows year round and chickadees (usually in the winter/early spring) then they are gone. Other birds come in also, and occasionally a hawk to try and feed on the birds.

Well, back to larger animals! Still a shot from this past March when my daughter and I were visiting grandma/pa in Cody, Wyoming. We traveled up towards the East gate of Yellowstone Park and just off the road in the hillsides were small groups of Bighorn Sheep.

I caught a small group of Ewes about 150-200 yards away from the road and hung out in the sagebrush and scrub and took a few shots. This one was kind of interesting and didn't even notice the one animal behind the one I was concentrating on. Could probably play with it in Photoshop and make it look like a sheep with two sets of horns!

Well, just posting you know. It is a quiet Memorial Day Monday and thanks to the Veterans (including me) we get to be away from our places of work. More days like this would be welcome I think.
Tim -

No comments: