Sunday, May 2, 2010

My Hawks Will Not sit Still!

Wow, the start of May already and where is this year going? Looks like some rain moving in to start our first week of May. At least it stays away most of the weekend hours!

Well has many may know I have a few bird feeders in the back yard and enjoy seeing the many Finches, Chickadees, a few Towhees?, sparrows, etc come around for their free lunches, dinners and so on. Of course this provides for some other birds of different feather to come around and I get the occasional visit from both Sharp Shinned Hawks and Cooper's Hawks.

This shot was taken back in December of 2009 in the mid morning and the Cooper's Hawk would not turn around for me to get a shot of it, bashful I guess? Anyway, it was just taking off from the fence after not collecting any of the smaller birds for its brunch!

Another thing is I took this shot with my Pentax istDS camera which is now in the hands of a friend of mine who purchased it for a reasonable price. I have purchased a new Pentax K-X to use as my back up camera to my Pentax K20D. I am studying the manual on the new camera so I can use some of the different features such as HD movie capture. Since all my cameras take SD or SDHC I can also play them on our large TV in the living room in its SD slot. Pretty cool to see some of the shots on the 'Big Screen'!

Until later, have a great day, week or month! Tim

No comments: